October 18, 2017
As Halloween is quickly approaching, we can’t help but become inspired by all of our versatile clothing at SLNY! While our pieces are essential for an everyday, fall look, your favorite SLNY items can double as a Halloween costume as well! Get the most our of your SLNY by checking out these Halloween costume ideas:
Classic Black Cat:
You can’t go wrong with the classics. Switch up your classic black cat routine by adding in our Erin Mesh Legging into the mix; your outfit will be sure to go from basic, to bold. Pair these leggings with the Haley Shoulderless Top for the ultimate sleek look.
For a chic Halloween party, create a killer costume by transforming your Samantha Dress into the perfect skeleton ensemble. Our dawn print is the perfect look for a more subtle Halloween costume, while still maintaining that spooky feel. Wear dark lipstick with this dress to complete the look.
Our space print can double as scales for you on Halloween as you perfect your mermaid costume. Its long hem mirrors a fishtail, making you bright and noticeable all night long. All you need is some seashell accents to complete the look!
Have your favorite SLNY Halloween looks? Email email@example.com for a chance to be featured on our social media pages! xo, SLNY.
October 11, 2017
The weather is getting cooler (finally!), which means that we’re jumping head first into fall. While last month had been a whirlwind of fashion shows and press opportunities, we are so excited to share with you what inspires us this October. Check out Samantha’s October Favorites for your own monthly inspiration!
1. Favorite fall trend: I love the look of black booties with short, long-sleeved dresses. Perfect for fall!
2. Favorite fall accessory: my black, fur circle scarf
3. Favorite home décor item: My white and gray marbled tissue box to match with my white and gray marbled coffee tables!
4. Favorite Quote: “Life isn’t perfect but your outfit can be."
5. Favorite drink this month: I’m obsessed with the Mucho Mango at Juice Generation.
6. Favorite piece from NYFW: The black and white Genna Swing Skirt, because it flows with beautiful color blocking! Pair it with a black top this fall
We hope your October is as amazing as ours! xo, SLNY.
October 10, 2017
Our October new arrival is finally here! We’re so excited to share with you our next piece for Collection IV of SLNY. Be sure to update your fall wardrobe with this beauty!
The Samantha Dress: A deep wine color seems to be a timeless trend for fall. Jumpstart your fall favorites with our new amazing addition to the Samantha Dress collection! It includes the same extra-soft knit and adjustable drawstring with a new burgundy hue. Be sure to purchase while supplies last!
Love your new arrivals? Be sure to email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on our social media pages! xo, SLNY.
October 2, 2017
On this October Monday, we’re definitely feeling this fall’s leather trend. At SLNY, we’re excited to show other ways you can incorporate leather into your outfit besides wearing a classic moto jacket. Check out what items inspire us this week in our Weekly Essentials to learn more!
1. The Nicole Pocket T: An update from your average pocket tee, this soft viscose and leather top is the perfect item to keep your outfit classic, yet cool. Dress this top up or down, and it will be appropriate for a day in the office or a night at your favorite restaurant.
2. Rag & Bone Croyd Pant: These skinny trousers are so figure flattering and comfortable, you’ll be wearing them almost every day this fall. Plus, the front zipper pockets add an edgy feel to the outfit that complements the moto-inspired leather patches on the Nicole Pockt T.
3. Deception Bootie by Seychelles: These leather booties are essential for your fall wardrobe. They’re the perfect height to look stylish and cool, while still allowing you to feel comfortable as you walk around the city. These leather shoes bring out the leather details on the Nicole Pocket T, making your outfit an amazing fall staple.
4. Glossier Cloud Paint: When the weather starts to cool, having a rosy glow will stand out even more in contrast with cloudy skies. Gain an effortless, dewy look with Glossier’s Cloud Paint; no matter which shade you choose to finger paint onto your cheeks, the Cloud Paint will create a healthy glow that looks like it shines from within.
5. SHINOLA Coin Edge Ring: While dainty gold accessories just seem to scream summer heat, we love to incorporate silver jewelry into our lives when temperatures drop. This ring by SHINOLA features a timeless, coin-edge design that you’ll be able to wear all year long. Wear this ring with our all black ensemble to add some pretty metallics to your outfit.
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
September 27, 2017
NYFW has ended, and it was a huge success for SLNY! The show was amazing, bold, and really showed who our girl was with a modern-day, trendy twist! Take a look to see all the highlights for our SS18 Millennial Textured Line:
The day of the show, the SLNY team arrived 3 hours before showtime at 4pm. We set up the room, had every outfit steamed to perfection, and the models were backstage getting their outfits fitted and their hair and make up done. There were also many press interviews to prepare for what was to come down the runway!
Samantha selected models with either unique hair that would for sure stand out, or models with long and thick locks so that they could have their hair up in a messy, designer bun for a fun and fashionable look! This hairstyle also works to keep the focus on the clothes. All models were size 2-4 to showcase a healthy natural body!
Each outfit was styled with its own shoe to create a personal look. Sam’s favorite looks were all of the silver metallic pieces, as well as the finale piece. The finale look was made exclusively for NYFW! It was the biggest hit of the show! Take a look at the exclusive pictures below!
Overall, NYFW was a rounding success for SLNY. We can’t wait for next season! xo SLNY
September 25, 2017
While fall has definitely arrived, it’s becoming that awkward transition time where the weather is still warm yet the trends are changing fast. These Weekly Essentials showcase our ideas on how to stay on-trend this fall without overheating:
1. The Sandra Fit and Flare Dress: The baby doll fit on this dress keeps your outfit fun and girly, and the fitted sleeves make this dress comfortable to wear to work in a chilly office. Whether you buy this dress in classic black or one of our colored prints, you’ll be sure to stay stylish.
2. Steve Madden Odessa Thigh High Boot: Everyone needs a thigh high boot this fall. Not only do these black microsuede boots provide an instant elongating effect for your legs, but they also give off an edgy vibe when paired with the cutesy, baby doll Sandra Fit and Flare.
3. Rebecca Minkoff Small Vanity Saddle Bag: This Saddle Bag will complement your thigh highs, bringing a western feel to your fall outfit. The olive color looks gorgeous with the classic black Sandra Fit and Flare Dress and is the perfect shade for all of fall.
4. Francis Sunglasses by Komono: Even though it’s technically fall, the weather is still sunny and beautiful in NYC. You’ll still get use out of your sunglasses in September, and these ones by Komono incorporate a classic shape with trendy frames. These sunglasses will definitely complete your early fall outfit!
5. Lola Ring by gorjana: Add some dainty details to your outfit, and you won’t be disappointed! This crisscross spiral design is so different that it will definitely be noticeable on your hand. Be prepared for lots of questions regarding where you bought this ring! It’s to die for.
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
September 18, 2017
We’re jumping right into fall at SLNY. Whether you’re walking to work or to class, our clothes are perfect for all cool climates this fall. Check out our Weekly Essentials to see what inspires us this week:
1. The Textural Theresa Sweater Top: This super soft, color blocked top is the perfect fall staple. The top is sleeveless, making it suitable for warmer climates as well. You could also layer a sweater over the top on colder days! No matter what, you’ll be stylish and cozy in this one of a kind sweater top.
2. Leslie Leather Legging: These leggings pair so well with the Textural Theresa Sweater Top, we couldn’t resist highlighting both items in this week’s Weekly Essentials. The leather patches on these leggings complement the leather color block design on the Sweater Top. Purchase both of these products for the perfect fall look!
3. Mack Booties by Matisse: These booties are perfect for transitioning your daytime look into an evening ensemble. The black leather keeps the outfit sleek and sophisticated, while the block heel allows you to wear the outfit dawn until dusk.
4. Rebecca Minkoff Paige Tote: For a busy work day, this black leather tote is just right for holding all of your workweek necessities while maintaining a stylish, sleek look. The fringe tassels give the tote little, unique details that make it more than just your classic black tote.
5. Perricone MD Oil-Free Hydrating Cream: As temperatures drop, the cold can cause your skin to become dry. Be proactive this fall and get yourself an oil-free hydrating cream! This one by Perricone MD moisturizes your skin without clogging your pores. Perfect if you need some skin nourishment this fall!
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
September 6, 2017
As Fashion Week comes closer, the SLNY team gets busier to prepare for our show. We’d like to take the time to show you how SLNY prepares for NYFW. Check out all the behind the scenes details and steps SLNY takes to make sure the Spring/Summer 2018 Collection is nothing short of amazing!
Just like all photo shoots and fashion shows, we can’t start creating without getting inspired. Sam chooses hair and makeup inspiration for the models, gaining inspiration for the looks she wants before she picks which models she wants for the show. These model castings are a 2-3 day process, so having the hair and makeup inspiration in her mind is definitely important! Take a look at the photos below for a glimpse at Sam’s hair and makeup inspiration:
Sam then works with her team to style all outfits for the show, picking out shoes and accessories for what each model will wear down the runway. Sam also personally makes sure all outfits have no sewing errors and are show-ready! The day before the show, the models come in for fittings to make sure everything looks perfect.
Sam works with her publicist at Michele Marie PR (MMPR) to go over the celebrity invite list, the blogger invite list, and the press invite list before she sends out her chic, silver invitations. Sam also prepares all of the SLNY press kits and makes sure the giveaway gifts for the show are ready as well!
The show will be at Pier 59 on Sunday, September 10th. Although the show won’t be streamed live this year, the film will be uploaded by midweek for people to view as many times as they please!
We hope you enjoy Fashion Week as much as we do! xo, SLNY.
September 5, 2017
Happy September from SLNY! We’re so excited to share with you our brand new additions to Collection IV. These pieces will for sure be your new favorite fall staples; make sure to purchase them while supplies last! Take a look at our new arrivals, each item perfectly designed to upgrade your fall wardrobe:
The Tessa Mock Neck Dress: This piece takes the classic sweater dress to a whole new level. With extremely soft fabric and a baby-doll flared fit, the Tessa Mock Neck Dress will allow you to remain sophisticated and girly during dropping temperatures. Pair this dress with black, thigh-high boots to create that same girly look with a slight edge.
The Textural Theresa Sweater Top: Made with the same soft fabric, this sweater top has everything you could possibly need: style, comfort, and a classic color-blocked edge. The leather detail on this top brings out a moto-inspired look that goes perfectly with a leather jacket or our Leslie Leather Legging. Throw on a pair of booties and you’re set for a night out!
Enjoy your new arrivals! xo, SLNY.
September 4, 2017
As September rolls around, we’re jumping right into fall looks! Our New Arrivals are just a few of the new fall-inspired outfits we have at SLNY, and we can’t wait to show you how we style our new clothes. Check out our Weekly Essentials for early September!
1. Leslie Leather Legging: A twist on your classic black pant, our Leslie Leather Legging features leather patches at the knee that will take any outfit from simple to chic. Dressed up or down, these leggings are for sure a fall staple for your closet. Make sure to check out our New Arrivals blog for more information about the Leslie Leather Legging!
2. Chaser Cool Jersey Surplice Tee in Rice: This Chaser tee creates the perfect, casual-chic look when paired with our edgy Leslie Leather Legging. The simple tee will allow the leather patches on the leggings to steal the show. Plus, the open back on this tee makes it a step up from your average white T-shirt.
3. BLANKNYC Life Changer Moto Jacket: Keeping with the cool-girl theme, this moto jacket by BLANKNYC definitely maintains the edginess of the outfit. The soft fabric is perfect for a chilly fall day, while the zipper detailing add a rugged, cool factor to your white tee.
4. Rag & Bone Standard Issue Sneaker: A cool pair of sneakers is just the right thing to finalize an edgy outfit. These white leather sneakers by Rag & Bone also contain embroidered graphics to add some girly detailing to the ensemble.
5. Marc Jacobs Beauty Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator: A cream stick highlighter is essential for a fresh, glowing beauty look. This one by Marc Jacobs gives you a shimmery, pearly highlight that will definitely give you a noticeable radiance. Plus, the stick applicator is so easy to use, whether you glide it directly on your skin or blend the highlighter with your fingers yourself!
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
August 31, 2017
As summer comes to an end, we want to reflect on the products we love not only in August but all summer! From boozy popsicles to 90’s ripped jeans, these August favorites highlight some of Sam’s ultimate summery favorites. Take a look at what items we’ll definitely miss this fall…
1. Favorite trend this month: The 90s look! Baggy ripped jeans, cropped tops, flatforms, Keds…
2. Favorite accessory: Definitely my Steve Madden flatforms. I have them in white!
3. Favorite home décor item: This Dyptique candle looks great as décor. The roses flavor smells amazing!
4. Favorite work essential: I love the Haven Tailored Dress for work meetings.
5. Favorite drink this month: Frose’s with strawberries :)
We hope you have had an amazing August! xo, SLNY.
August 28, 2017
As we get closer and closer to Labor Day, we at SLNY have started to think about our Labor Day Weekend outfits! While the “no white after Labor Day” rule might not have as much of a foothold lately in the fashion world, we still love to wear white as a way to celebrate summer. Check out our Labor Day Weekend Essentials so you can prepare your own outfit for the holiday:
1. The Colleen Romper in White: Ending summer the right way, the white Colleen romper is the perfect piece to remember the season. Light and airy, the fabric will keep you cool this Labor Day Weekend, and the bright white color will for sure make you stand out from the crowd!
2. Blue Skies Bomber by Spell & The Gypsy Collective: With a simple, white romper, this amazing floral bomber is perfect for Labor Day Weekend. You can even wear this jacket again in early fall, making it the perfect transition piece for the end of summer!
3. Miansai Thin Screw Cuff in Rose Plated: This rose gold screw bar bracelet is dainty and girly, great for your Labor Day Weekend look. Mark the end of summer with your jewelry while bringing your whole outfit together!
4. Vans Sk8-Hi High Top Sneakers in White: For a more casual feel, these sneakers are a simple and classic choice to pair with the Colleen Romper and your busy, floral bomber. We love adding a cool, classic sneaker to an otherwise girly outfit to make a more interesting ensemble.
5. Colourpop X Revolve Lip Kit: Each color in this lip kit is super long lasting and shiny, making your shade last all Labor Day Weekend. From the dusty, pale pink to the deep red matte, these lip shades will have your makeup essentials covered.
Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend Essentials! xo, SLNY.
August 24, 2017
From the busy dotty pattern to the geometric space print, our pieces at SLNY definitely catch the eye. While we encourage fashion risk taking, we also love to keep it classic with a timeless black and white. Pairing these two ideas makes one perfectly adventurous and bold outfit, which is exactly what we aim for at SLNY. Here we have mix and matched some of our favorite SLNY outfits to inspire your next contemporary, versatile ensemble.
Hayls Keyhole Top / Leslie Leather Legging: The dotty print on this top goes perfectly with a plain black legging, and you can do no wrong with our twist on the classic pant. The leather patches on our Leslie Leather Leggings create a trendy edge to an otherwise timeless piece. Any of our unique prints can pair well with these leggings, so feel free to let your wild side soar!
Terry Two Piece Top / Genna Swing Skirt: Purchase the Terry Two piece and your cute, cropped top can stand on its own! When paired with the Genna Swing Skirt, the outfit becomes a breezy, flirty ensemble that shows just the right amount of skin. Whether you choose to wear the skirt in the dusk print or the bright red hue, you’ll be sure to make a final summery statement (perfect for labor day weekend!)
Katie Two-Toned Top / Erin Mesh Legging: Bring on the mesh. Both of these pieces have a subtle detail that incorporates our favorite mesh trend, making them the perfect items to pair together for a jaw-dropping outfit. With the mesh fabric on the sides of the Erin Mesh Leggings and down the back of the Katie Two-Toned Top, you’ll create a stylish outfit that looks great from every angle! It takes the classy, black and white outfit to a whole new, eye-catching level.
Have your own favorite SLNY mix & match items? Email your photos to email@example.com for your chance to be featured on our social media pages! xo, SLNY.
August 22, 2017
At SLNY, we are proud to sell versatile products that look unique and flawless on any woman, no matter her height, shape, or age. That being said, we’ve decided to highlight our fall-inspired items that are perfect for that back to school, laid back look! Check out how we love to style our SLNY apparel with these four looks. Moms and daughters beware; you might be fighting over some of these outfits this school year.
For The Cool Mom:
Bridget Ponte Pant: For one of those frazzled, rushed mornings, the Bridget Ponte Pant is the perfect piece to create a chic, tailored look with ease. The hip hugging elastic waistband is always flattering, no matter if you wear a flowy, buttoned up blouse or a graphic tee. Throw these on so you can focus on your morning coffee before the first day of school craze begins.
Samantha Dress: With this extremely versatile dress, you can adjust the length to match your taste (or stress level) of the day. After you drop off your kid at school, you can pull the drawstring up if you’re meeting your friends for brunch, or let it hang loose if you’re going straight to work. The choice is yours!
Rita Suspender Skirt: A voluminous maxi skirt will certainly make a statement as you help your kid get ready for school. A bold outfit will inspire those around you to be bold as well, a perfect mindset to melt away first day nerves.
For The College Student:
Colleen Romper: Moisture wicking, a girly cut, and UV protectant fabric. Do we need to say more? For a student that is out and about all day long, this romper is an essential for your campus wardrobe. Plus, the romper fits straight on your body’s curves, so it won’t feel tight as you sit through lectures.
Livie Tent Dress: For the first day of class, why not dress up with a casual Livie Tent Dress? This mini dress looks adorable with white leather sneakers and a denim jacket, perfect for a warm August day.
Erin Mesh Legging: For an on the go student, these leggings are the perfect item to transition from the books to the barre class! You won’t have to make an unnecessary stop to your closet during the day, making your busy schedule a little less stressful these first few days of school. Even if you don’t have a workout planned, you’ll still look cute and comfy during class in our Erin Mesh Legging!
Modern Mindy Jogger: Whether you’re wearing pumps and a tucked in tank or a cropped tee with sneakers, these joggers are for sure a back to school staple. Moms will look sophisticated and chic all day, while daughters will stay comfortable during class. These joggers give both parties a playful edge that will make you want to wear them every day of the week.
Enjoy your back to school looks! xo, SLNY.
August 21, 2017
At SLNY, we love wearing classics with a twist. These Weekly Essentials showcase how you can shift your everyday classics into this season’s hottest trends. Take a look at what we’re inspired by this week!
1. The Mirna Professional Pencil Dress: The greatest desk to dinner look, the Mirna Professional Pencil Dress has the perfect combination of sleek design and flirty, fun curves. With a blazer, this dress will become your favorite workweek staple. With a fun pair of wedges, this dress will turn heads at any party!
2. J Brand Harlow Trucker Denim Jacket in White: This classic detailing on this crisp white jacket allows you to throw it over your Mirna Dress before a busy work day. Plus, the cropped fit looks amazing on the Mirna Dress, hitting right where the top mesh fabric ends.
3. Clubmaster Classic Ray-Bans: With your retro-inspired white denim jacket, all you need is a pair of Clubmaster Ray-Bans to complete the look. Finish your timeless outfit with these sunnies, and your look will scream classic and cool.
4. Steve Madden Jole Sandal: The pearl studs on these black leather sandals add pretty, girly detailing to your otherwise retro ensemble. They’ll look especially elegant with the Mirna Dress, creating a more casual daytime look if needed.
5. Polished Perfection Straightening Brush by Amika: The strength of a flat iron with the ease of a hairbrush? Yes, please! We’re loving these straightening thermal brushes, especially when the weather is humid and the work week is busy. Cut your styling time in half with this straightening brush, and you’ll thank us later.
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
August 17, 2017
A girl’s carry-on bag reflects her ultimate travel necessities. From light, airplane reading to travel sized cosmetics, Sam has perfected how to be prepared for any impromptu trip. Take a look at what’s in Sam’s travel bag for some more airport inspiration this week!
Essential SLNY item(s) to travel in/with: Definitely the Colleen Romper with its moisture wicking, UV protectant and wrinkle free fabric. So easy for daytime and to dress up at night! Also, the Samantha dress, because you can wear it so many ways that its 4 outfits in the end, meaning less to pack.
Favorite book/magazine to read on the plane: Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso if I want to read on the plane. For a light read, I’ll bring a WWD, ELLE, or Forbes Magazine.
Favorite headphones brand: I never forget my Powerbeats Wireless headphones. I have the new pair in Siren Red!
Favorite shoes to travel in: I’ll wear my Nike Tennis Classic sneakers for a more casual outfit or my Steve Madden booties for a more dressed up look.
Gum/candy for the plane: Any spearmint flavored gum or sweet, strawberry flavored candy!
Wallet/card holder: My Henri Bendel Uptown Out & About Organizer Wallet keeps all of my necessities in one place.
Any miscellaneous travel necessities: I’ll never travel without my Macbook Pro laptop and Apple phone charger! Also, my Illesteva Milan IV sunglasses are for sure a travel necessity.
Enjoy your travel inspiration! xo, SLNY.
August 15, 2017
At SLNY, we’re excited to provide you with clothing that you can wear on the go, dawn until dusk. For busy, adventurous Samantha girls, a chic yet comfortable outfit is definitely a necessity. Take a look at our favorite picks for these on the go outfits that you can wear on the plane and straight to dinner!
The Modern Mindy Jogger: These joggers are definitely comfortable and loose, but look cool and sophisticated with a tucked in top. You’ll be sure to be cozy on the plane in these comfy-casual pants, and the slightly cropped fit and lightweight fabric is perfect for traveling to warmer climates. Pair these joggers with a cute pair of sneakers, and you’re set for the trip of a lifetime!
The Katie Two-Toned Top: This long sleeved top is the perfect piece for chilly plane temperatures. With a relaxed fit and soft, Viscose fabric, the Katie Two-Toned Top is an airport essential. This top also features our georgette, mesh fabric and gold buttons at the shoulder, making your outfit an amazing plane-to-dinner ensemble.
Colleen Romper: For ventures to tropical locations, the Colleen Romper is perfect for a plane-to-beach look. The loose fit allows you to be comfortable during longer flights, and will keep you cool when you finally touch ground in hotter temperatures. Layer the Colleen Romper with a soft sweatshirt or our Mel Sweater, and you’ll be sure to stay snug in the air.
The Mel Sweater: One of our ultimate best sellers, the Mel Sweater is the best layering piece for impeccable airport style. Layer this open knit sweater with comfortable boyfriend jeans and a tee for a relaxed, casual look. You’ll thank us later!
Have some other SLNY airport style ideas? Email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to be featured on our social media pages! xo, SLNY.
August 14, 2017
These Weekly Essentials are all about fun and adventure for this last month of summer. At SLNY, we’re all about trying new trends and finding adventure at every turn. Take fashionable risks this week as you check out our Weekly Essentials!
1. Fanny Fringe Leotard: This leo brings together girly fun with an edgy twist. It will hug your curves perfectly, the fringe waving with every step you take. This bodysuit will definitely make a statement for a fun night out!
2. Hudson Jeans Colette Midrise Skinny Crop: With a busy bodysuit, all you need to wear is a simple pair of comfortable jeans. These skinny, cropped jeans have a raw cut at the ankle, making your legs seem longer and your outfit look sleeker. Plus, the classic wash paired with the fun Fanny Fringe Leotard will create a beautifully balanced look.
3. Rubie Mini Crossbody by Mackage: This bag looks fresh and clean with its cool, inky leather exterior. For a relatively small crossbody, this Rubie mini contains multiple interior pockets and slits for all of your workweek necessities. This bag also has a detachable shoulder strap, adding versatility to the crossbody that we love!
4. Steve Madden Adrina Heels in Black: These heels give off a retro vibe, but when paired with our Fanny Fringe Leotard, it creates more of a cool-girl ensemble. The round silver studs will also bring out the silver arrow lock closure of the Rubie Mini. You’ll be sure to make a statement in these platform heels!
5. The Chaser Shine Cream by Drybar: Because it’s still technically summer, and the sweltering heat has got us practically baking, it’s important to make sure your hair is always touchable and shiny in the humidity. This shine cream tames frizz effortlessly, while also improving the strength of individual hair fibers. Plus, its lightweight formula will feel natural and healthy instead of weighing down your hair in the heat.
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
August 10, 2017
It’s no question that social media has become a powerful force in the business world. What started as a creative way to define one’s own personal brand, social media has evolved into a useful tool for companies around the world to gain recognition, define their company culture, and showcase what they’re passionate about. It’s almost as if a company’s social media pages personify the brand itself, reflecting the type of “person” that company would be.
Now that social media, especially Instagram, has become a strong way to define a business, companies are coming up with ways to differentiate their page from other similar brands. One way SLNY stays unique is by creating different collages on our Instagram page. These collages not only spark curiosity to click on our page, as a viewer will only see a certain corner of an image unless he or she clicks on our page, but they also make our Instagram page artistic and aesthetically pleasing, just like our clothing!
At SLNY, our social media pages reflect the Samantha girl. She’s bold, innovative, and fearless. She’s charming, down-to-Earth, and optimistic. Even while she’s out and about, she’s always contemporary-chic and poised. We love to show how Samantha girls style their SLNY outfits!
It’s important for us to highlight through social media how we value our customer base, especially on Instagram. Through social media, we show how we can inspire the everyday Samantha girls of the world; in turn, we become inspired by how our customers style our clothes in their own distinct ways. It’s a beautiful cycle of style!
There’s no doubt about it: social media is taking over the business world, one Instagram post at a time. At SLNY, we embrace the change fearlessly and are excited to find even more inspiration for what’s to come.
Make sure to follow our Instagram @samanthaleibowitzny! You can email any photos in your SLNY outfits to email@example.com for a chance to be featured on our social media pages. xo, SLNY.
August 8, 2017
Last week, Sam had the opportunity to give a guest lecture at Parsons School of Design! She spoke to numerous students from around the world, all who have started creating their own unique clothing lines. Sam was able to give these students inspiration for their own lines, as well as share her experience creating and maintaining SLNY!
Samantha first discussed how the production side of owning a fashion line functions. Between the design process and photo shoots, there’s so much that goes on behind the scenes of a clothing company, and all of it is equally important to ensure a successful collection. Sam listed all of the fabrics she primarily uses in her collections, and the audience was excited to see that most fabrications are UV protectant, moisture wicking, and wrinkle free!
Sam also discussed the upcoming importance of social media when it comes to public engagement and free advertising. She talked about how social media has become important for the fashion industry itself, and specified how different social media platforms have affected SLNY directly.
Finally, the presentation concluded with Sam’s thoughts on the press she has received since her launch in 2015. From winning awards, to fashion magazine mentions, to promotions with fashion bloggers, Sam has had her fair share of press experience!
The audience was eager with questions and comments about how hard Sam has worked for her success. We can’t wait for the next time she’s asked to give a guest lecture!
Make sure to check out our press page for more information about SLNY press opportunities! xo, SLNY.
August 7, 2017
In honor of our new arrivals for Collection IV, we’ve decided to highlight a late summer, early fall-inspired outfit this week! No matter what the weather is outside, you’ll be able to wear this outfit all day, dawn until dusk. Check out our Weekly Essentials on this sunny Monday:
1. Mindy Modern Jogger: Whether you’re wearing them at the desk or for drinks, these joggers are an amazing staple to have in your closet. These joggers are super comfortable, yet your legs will look miles long because of the elastic ankle. See more information about our Mindy Modern Jogger in our New Arrivals blog!
2. Bardot Frill Bodysuit in White: Tucked into our Mindy Modern Jogger, this bodysuit will look perfectly chic and classic. The ruffled trim sleeves complements the girly feel of the bow on the Modern Jogger, making your look fun yet classy!
3. Kendra Scott Shelton Necklace in Rose Gold: This long, drop chain necklace will look elegant against your skin and paired with the deep cut of the Bardot Bodysuit. The rose gold color is also the perfect way to add even more girly, dainty detailing to your outfit.
4. Rare Light Luminizer by Rituel de Fille: As we’ve mentioned before, SLNY absolutely loves versatile products. Apply this luminizer to your cheeks, lips, or eyelids for a subtle, peachy glow. We’re especially loving this color as an eye shadow this week; swipe this shade on your lids with your fingers and you’re good to do!
5. Steve Madden Rachel Flatform in White Leather: These white leather shoes will certainly pop against the tapered ankle of the black Modern Jogger. Tying the outfit together, these comfortable shoes will not only perfect your classic black and white look, but will also keep your feet blister free as you walk around the city!
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
August 5, 2017
As this week’s Weekly Essentials state, summer is dwindling down to its final weeks (don’t worry, we’re heartbroken, too). While we’re advising you to wear your white jeans as much as you can, we’ve also got you covered for those occasions where wearing white is a definite no-go. Here are our tips on how to dress for a summer wedding; you’ll be sure to be a chic guest without upstaging the bride. Whether the ceremony is held inside or outdoors, you’ll be sure to be stylish and cool in SLNY.
1. The Amy Tuxedo Dress: In our blue space print, this tuxedo dress will not steer you wrong. The geometrical lined pattern gives your outfit a modern look that will look chic next to any backdrop. Plus, the fabric falls straight against your body’s curves, making you look perfect for any and all photo-ops!
2. Steve Madden Stecy Heels in Black: This classic ankle strap sandal is the perfect heel to keep your outfit summery while adding a contemporary edge. These heels look flirty and chic when they peep through the bottom of your Amy Tuxedo Dress, and the black leather will contrast effortlessly against the light, airy space print.
3. Ettika Drop Choker Necklace: This gold choker adds dainty detailing to your wedding ensemble, yet the interesting drop chain keeps it unique. Plus, this necklace will make the gold, center buttons on the Amy Tuxedo Dress pop!
4. Rebecca Minkoff Leo Clutch: Everyone needs a chic leather clutch to bring to an event. This black leather clutch matches perfectly with the black Stecy heels, making the outfit come together seamlessly. The gold zipper teeth trim on this clutch also brings in the gold detailing that we love so much on the Amy Tuxedo Dress!
Let us know how you style your wedding guest attire! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on our social media pages. xo, SLNY.
August 3, 2017
Since everything at SLNY can be worn dawn until dusk, we thought we should highlight some of our favorite versatile looks: street style edition. Street style is the perfect way to see how clothing looks on everyday, working women, and we are so excited to share our city looks with you all! Take a look at how we wear our favorite styles as we explore the Concrete Jungle.
Rain or shine, our clothing at SLNY will make your street style fashionable, yet functional. Our moisture wicking fabric will allow you to walk through the streets of NYC comfortably, whether it’s chilly and rainy or hot and humid.
Our clothing is inspired by architecture, which will make you look effortlessly cool next to all of the interesting buildings in the city. These geometric inspired prints reflect busy, city life in the most stylish way.
However, when you do have the chance to reach those coveted green spots in New York, you’ll be sure to stand out in our colorful multi prints. No matter where you’re walking in the city, your style statement will be made clear: bold, independent, and adventurous!
Have a SLNY street style look? Email email@example.com for a chance to be featured on our social media pages! xo, SLNY.
August 1, 2017
Be the first to buy SLNY new arrivals! Upgrade your early fall wardrobe with these versatile items, and you’ll be prepared for the upcoming dropping temperatures and changing colors.
The Mirna Professional Pencil Dress: This curvy dress can be worn with a blazer to work for a professional feel, or with a pair of heels for a flirty night out. The two-toned fabric creates an edgy ensemble that is the definition of dawn to dusk.
The Fanny Fringe Leotard: Wear fringe this fall in an entirely new way. The fringe style on this leotard definitely creates a statement, waving back and forth with every step you take. Plus, this form hugging bodysuit looks perfect with a pair of jeans for a fun night for drinks.
The Nicole Pocket T: This long-sleeved, viscose and leather top is great for showing off your bold style. Whether you’re at your desk or walking around the city on a chilly fall morning, the Nicole Pocket Tee will make sure you’re warm and stylish simultaneously.
The Leslie Leather Legging: Stick to the growing leather trend with our Leslie Leather Legging this fall. Pair these pants with any of our leather tops this collection for a unique look, or with a simple white tee for a more understated, yet trendy feel.
The Mindy Modern Jogger: These joggers are beyond perfect for a work to dinner setting. The elastic ankle elongates your legs for a slimming, sophisticated look. Tuck in a tank and throw on a pair of heels for a chic, professional outfit that is to die for.
The Shannon Fringe Sweater: Continuing with the fringe trend this season, the Shannon Fringe Sweater adds playful, personal style to an otherwise simple outfit. Wear this sweater with a black or white tank for a unique take on classic style.
We hope you enjoy these new arrivals! Don’t forget to buy now while supplies last! xo, SLNY.
July 31, 2017
As July comes to an end, we want to highlight looks that are still summery, yet classic. We’re trying to wear white as much as we can before September rolls around, which explains this contemporary black and white theme! Check out our Weekly Essentials for this first week of August:
1. Kristin Kriss Kross Top: We’re loving the off the shoulder look on this flirty top. Perfect for breezy summer nights, this top allows for an effortless transition from dawn to dusk. See our New Arrivals blog for more highlights about the Kristin Kriss Kross Top!
2. AG The Legging Ankle in Worn White: These jeans are so comfortable, that you’ll feel like you’re wearing your favorite pair of leggings, just as the name suggests. The stark white of these jeans will bring out the white in the dotty printed Kristin Kriss Kross Top, making the pattern pop and the whole outfit come together seamlessly.
3. Verso Skincare 9 Lip Serum: In the summer, it’s easier for your lips to become dry. It’s so important to hydrate your lips while the weather is hot, and this lip serum by Verso Skincare is an amazing product to help you maintain healthy, soft lips. Plus, this lip serum has a natural plumping effect, so you can hydrate and perfect your pout at the same time.
4. Isobel Phone Crossbody in Optic White: The cutest, littlest crossbody out there! This product is made specifically for carrying your phone without stuffing it into your pocket and without the hassle of holding it in your hand all day. There’s two slit pockets to fit a few cards, making it so easy to transport just the necessities. Who knew living minimally could look so chic?
5. Kate Spade Sailor’s Knot Hinge Bangle: Add a touch of metal to your black and white ensemble. This bangle is simple enough to accompany the busy dotty print on the Kristin Kriss Kross Top, yet adds a bright, summery feel to your outfit. The silver color looks perfect next to the black and white dotty print!
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
July 27, 2017
We can’t believe July has almost come to an end! This month has been full of summer love, laughter, and new clothes (of course!). As we reflect on this month’s trends, we can’t wait to see what August has in store for SLNY. Check out Sam’s favorite items this July for some end of the month inspiration, and we hope your July has been just as amazing!
1. Favorite cosmetic product (makeup, skincare, etc): Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Red Carpet
2. Favorite accessory (sunglasses, necklace, your go-to accessory this month): Illesteva Milan III Sunglasses in black
3. Favorite home décor item (candle, painting, pillows, etc): Marilyn Minter’s Frostbite
4. Favorite activewear item (leggings, sports bra, headband, yoga mat, etc): Our Erin Mesh Legging in black
5. Favorite drink this month (alcoholic or coffee): Starbucks matcha green tea lemonade combo
6. Favorite piece from collection IV: Fringe Leo coming 8/1/17!
Have a favorite SLNY item this month of July? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to be featured on our social media pages! xo, SLNY.
July 24, 2017
NYC in bloom! We love searching the fast paced Concrete Jungle for those little glimpses of green. As a result, these Weekly Essentials feature everything floral, especially highlighting our Livie Tent Dress for the summer. Take a look at what colorful items inspire us this week:
1. The Livie Tent Dress: This white multi print definitely gives us floral vibes for the summer. The tent dress is perfect to wear on a hot summer day, as the breezy fabric will keep you cool. Plus, the gold buttons down the front give a more sophisticated feel to the dress that make it appropriate for work or a family event!
2. Stilla Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush in Rosewater: When the summer gets even hotter this month, the last thing you want to do is add more powder to your face. That’s why this Stilla Watercolor Blush is essential if you want that rose gold color without looking cakey. The gel formula in this blush creates dewy pigment that blends into your skin for a flawless finish.
3. Cleobella Saint German Tote Bag: This bag is beachy, yet appropriate for a walk around in NYC. The snap closure keeps your weekday essentials safe, while the black tassels add cutesy detailing perfect for summer. Add this bag to your Livie Tent Dress ensemble, and you’ll turn heads with your vacay vibes.
4. Raye x Revolve Ami Sandal: Simple, black sandals have never looked so good. Effortless and edgy, the grosgrain tie laces wrap the ankle in a girly, ballet-esque look. They’re the perfect balance between soft, pretty, and striking.
5. Sur Ring: This gold, knotted Elizabeth and James ring resembles a modern rose design. We’re inspired by art and architecture here at SLNY, as metals have influenced so many pieces from all collections. This ring gives us a contemporary vibe while simultaneously fitting with our floral theme, and we’re inspired by the style!
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
July 19, 2017
SLNY had the exciting opportunity to attend two of New York’s most popular wholesale fabric shows. At these shows, fabric vendors can sell their latest collections to designers and companies all over the world. From shiny metallics to camouflage prints, check out Sam’s favorite fabrics from each of the tradeshows: Texworld, and PV!
Texworld USA: The first stop on our fabric adventure. Texworld was, in fact, a world of its own. Hosted in the spacious Javit Center, Texworld included a multitude of fabric companies from around the globe. We spent most of our time in the secluded inspiration section (shown below), where there were displays of different fabrics based on unique themes and upcoming trends. Check out the pictures below for a glimpse into the inspiration we received from this fabric show.
Premiere Vision New York: The next day, SLNY headed to PV to see a different selection of fabric companies. The inspiration section at this show was larger, having way more collections of trends. Sam’s favorite inspiration of fabric was called “Constellation,” and her favorite piece from this collection was this champagne and clear sequin by the fabric company, Terra Optima.
It was so exciting to see fashion in its very first stages of creation. Having the opportunity to see so many different types of fabric has inspired us to maintain our creativity as we move forward with new collections and trends! Both of these tradeshows have reminded us at SLNY that fashion, in its truest form, is art.
Have some fabric that inspires you? Email your photos to email@example.com for a chance to be featured on our social media pages! xo, SLNY.
July 17, 2017
At SLNY, we’re known for our everyday wear, as each piece can be worn dawn until dusk. These Weekly Essentials showcase an entire outfit that can be worn as you complete errands during the day as well as through any plans for the night. Check out what versatile products we’re loving this week!
1. The Danielle Y Top: This soft, flowy top might seem simple from the front, but as soon as you turn around you’ll create an entirely new look. Featuring our “no show” band and geometrical Y straps, this top becomes flirty, fun, and perfect for a night out. Tuck the front of the top into your favorite pair of jeans for an outfit that’s slouchy-chic
2. Rag & Bone Dre Capri: These slim boyfriend jeans are so comfortable that you’ll start to wear them every day. What’s great about these jeans is that they can be dressed up or down, just like all of our clothing at SLNY. The light wash and cropped cut create the perfect look for summer. Tuck the Danielle Y top for into these jeans for a dressier denim look.
3. dpHUE Hydrate Hair Masque Therapy: Everyone needs to hydrate their hair, especially in the summer when your hair becomes dry from too many dips in the pool. This Hydrate Hair Masque Therapy restores the moisture and shine in your hair, and the green tea with shea butter smells amazing!
4. Chevron Quilted Small Love Crossbody Bag: The quilted leather on this crossbody makes any outfit go from simple to luxe. The bag is petite, yet functional, allowing you to keep all of your daytime necessities in the exterior and interior pockets and card slots. This crossbody is a perfect transition from dawn to dusk, just like our products at SLNY!
5. Rag & Bone Harrow Boot: While a pair of ankle boots is an essential for life in general, we have to point out how great these Harrow Boots complement a simple pair of light wash jeans. The block heel makes these booties comfortable enough to walk around in all day, while the leather strap and stud closure allow you to dress them up if needed.
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
July 15, 2017
Personal shopper and stylist, Roxy has become close to Sam since the launch of SLNY in 2015. Here we have some exclusive questions to get to know Roxy. Check out her favorite fashion icons and NYC hangouts, as well as some tips from her amazing sense of style!
Describe your personal style: My style is feminine with and edge. The Uptown girl who likes to wear a black dress, chunky heels and a leather jacket, but at the same time pearl earrings and an unexpected vintage accessories.
How you got started in the fashion industry: I fell into the fashion industry. I've always considered myself professional shopper, haha, clear back in high school I was spreading out my high school clothing budget, repurposing items and sewing my own Halloween costumes. I've always been obsessed with fashion and trends. After moving to NYC in 2009, it took me a couple years to realize that tourists had no idea where to shop. I exceled at finding the new-next-and well loved local boutiques and designers so decided I should share them! I love being able to support the local fashion economy with my business.
How you met Sam: I met Sam at the Fashion Trade show! I walked by the booth and couldn't help but notice her amazing designs and fabrics. After chatting shortly, I learned she attended WVU- much to my surprise, I am a West Virginia girl and grew up an hour from Morgantown WV. It was meant to be!
Vintage or modern?: A mix! I love finding a great vintage accessories and mixing it in with something modern. I especially love vintage jewelry.
Your fashion icon: Everyday women.
Favorite spaces in NYC: So many. To name a few: Gramercy Park, Maison Premiere for oysters and champagne, Lansdowne Road for beer and wings, Blue Bottle Coffee, Glaciers Bake Shop, The Central Park Conservatory Gardens, The Garment District and all the brilliant designers I work with.
Your proudest moment so far in your career: Reaching 500 shoppers in 15 countries!
Things that inspire you: Walks in central park, people watching, a song, a book, a well-made dress. :)
Your go-to styling tips: Don't be afraid to take a risk! Wear clothes that fit well and make you feel great. For example, just because everyone is wearing skinny jeans, doesn’t mean you have to. Wear what makes your smile. Try to think about buying quality over quantity.