July 12, 2017
And we’re live!
SLNY is proud to announce that select items from Collection IV are now up and live online. These pieces are just the start to the amazing Collection IV SLNY has in store, and we are so thrilled to share our excitement with you! Take a look at three of the new pieces from Collection IV, now live and ready to purchase online:
The Blissful Bonnie Work Dress: The name says it all. This dress is perfect for a work setting with its classic, color blocked bodice, and the fit and flare sleeves keep you comfortable on chilly morning commutes. However, the dotty print gives it a unique look that will make this dress a perfect transition item from the desk to dinner!
The Hayls Keyhole Top: The high neckline on this Keyhole Top gives your outfit a sleek look, while the keyhole opening shows a flirty sneak peek of skin. This top is great for the office, as it creates a classy, yet fashion forward feel when worn with our Mindy Modern Jogger. And because our clothing at SLNY can be worn dawn until dusk, you can also wear this top with black jeans and pumps for a night out!
The Kristin Kriss Kross Top: The off the shoulder detailing on this top gives your outfit a girly feel, and the black and white dotty print keeps it fun and memorable. The crisscross detailing definitely catches the eye, and the fabric falls perfectly along your curves. Pair this top with your favorite pair of white jeans this summer, and you’ll have an outfit no one will forget.
Shop our Collection IV now! We hope you enjoy these new arrivals. xo, SLNY.
July 10, 2017
We’re keeping the colors simple this week at SLNY. You can never go wrong with a black and white ensemble. Whether this outfit is designated for brunch with the family or a night out with friends, your outfit will stay chic and clean, dawn until dusk. Check out what we’re loving this week for our Weekly Essentials.
1. Rita Suspender Skirt: An update from your summer overalls, the Rita Suspender Skirt creates that same girly feel with a more high fashion look. The hidden, adjustable buttons allow you to choose the length of the maxi skirt to your preferred height. Anyone (tiny or tall) can wear this skirt, no hemming necessary!
2. Hinge Tube Top: The perfect top to pair with your Rita Suspender Skirt. A white strapless top is essential for layering, and this Hinge top makes all the difference under your Suspender Skirt. This top will keep your outfit simple, yet chic and on-trend.
3. Steve Madden Krista Wedge Sandal: The comfiest sandals to wear as you walk around NYC, these Krista Wedge Sandals effortlessly combine everyday comfort with edgy style.
4. Glossier Boy Brow: The creamiest, silkiest brow gel out there. This formula contains natural waxes that allow you to shape your brows without any sticky residue or stiffness. For those who want full, healthy brows, this product is definitely a must-have.
5. Chain & Suede Choker: A little dainty detailing to pair with your voluminous Rita Suspender Skirt. The black suede portion of this choker adds an edge to your outfit, while the layered gold chain keeps it girly. A perfect addition to tie all components of the look together!
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
July 6, 2017
Beachwear and evening wear: you never thought the two could be combined into one garment, but here at SLNY we are full of surprises. This week, we’re highlighting the Michelle Mesh Pant, the perfect bottoms to wear day and night. To spotlight the Michelle Mesh Pant, we have created two looks for two different occasions. Whether you’re at the beach or the bar, the Michelle Mesh Pant will give you an edge that won’t go unnoticed.
The Beach: Make a statement on the sand. These breezy pants make it easy for you to pair with either a bikini top or a one-piece swimsuit. The soft, built-in jersey shorts make these pants comfortable and airy for a day on the beach, yet still keep you covered if you decide to take a walk around town. All you need is a floppy sunhat, and you’re set!
The Bar: These Mesh Pants help you effortlessly transition from day to night. The geometric lace detail gives a sharp, chic look that draws the eye. While these pants remain breezy and light, the wide leg cut at the bottom allows the fabric to fall straight on the leg. All you need is to tuck in a black or white bodysuit and throw on a pair of wedged heels for a sleek look on your night out.
Show us how you style your Michelle Mesh Pants! Email email@example.com for a chance to be featured on our social media accounts. xo, SLNY.
July 3, 2017
Happy (almost) 4th of July from SLNY! These Weekly Essentials highlight the perfect pieces for your relaxing, holiday week. Whether you’re lying on the beach or hosting a 4th of July festival, we have your outfit covered. Plus, the 100% breathable and UV protectant fabric at SLNY will allow you to focus on the fun, not the sun on this hot, summer holiday.
1. Genna Swing Skirt: A July 4th essential, the Genna Swing Skirt is the perfect combination of lightweight, airy fabric and bright, holiday color. Get into the American holiday spirit with this skirt, as it is the perfect transition piece for your summer closet. See our 4 Looks for the 4th blog post for more Genna Swing Skirt spotlight!
2. Daiquiri One-Piece Swimsuit: For those of you on the beach this week, this white swimsuit is amazing on its own as you sunbathe on the sand, and even better as a chic bodysuit paired with the Genna Swing Skirt for a walk around town. The striped texture makes this swimsuit a great, versatile piece to wear from the beach to the BBQ when worn with the airy Genna Swing Skirt.
3. Gabriela Fringe Earrings: Make a statement this week! These fringe earrings match the Genna Swing Skirt in form and function, as these earrings have a tiered look that mirrors the Swing Skirt’s handkerchief cut fabric. Both have a vibrant color, creating a fun look that is perfect for the 4th.
4. Sandy Sandal: Red seems to be stealing the spotlight this week. Keeping up with the girly theme, the leather bow on these sandals adds feminine detailing to your classic beach sandals. The red suede complements the Genna Swing Skirt, drawing the eye to your entire outfit, head to toe.
5. Flower 24 Sunglasses: Add some blue hues to complete your red, white, and blue ensemble. A subtle tint of blue color in these lenses is just what you need to keep your outfit festive while still remaining high fashion.
We hope you enjoy your Independence Day inspired Weekly Essentials!
Don’t forget to use our discount code MADEINAMERICA for 40% of the entire website! xo, SLNY.
June 29, 2017
We can smell the BBQ already…
The time has come to dig through our closets to find the star studded swimsuits and festive jewelry we swore we’d get rid of long ago (but never felt like we could). Whether you’re celebrating with a large beach party or a small family get-together by the bonfire, the 4th of July is a holiday with outfits to remember. No need to stress about your July 4th outfit, because SLNY always has you covered, dawn until dusk, on this holiday weekend.
1. Genna Swing Skirt: This skirt is not only perfect for the July 4th color palette, but it’s also great to wear to a party outdoors. The light, handkerchief hemmed fabric flows easily in even the slightest breeze, giving you the opportunity to make a statement with every step.
2. Terry Two Piece Top in White: This white top from our Terry Two Piece set is the updated version of your classic white tank. The cropped fit is perfect for summer heat (see our Terry Two Piece spotlight in our First Day of Summer blog), and pairs extremely well with our red Genna Swing Skirt for a girly, summery look. You can even pair this top with a simple jean skirt for a more casual day on the beach this weekend!
3. The Lauren High Low: The Lauren High Low in Black Multi contains shades of blue and white for a subtler July 4th color palette. The pattern of colors is eye-catching, but combined with black for those who don’t want to go full red, white, and blue. Plus, the “no show” band across the back of the dress is essential for keeping your outfit fashionable, yet comfortable during your July 4th endeavors.
4. Red Samantha Dress: Stay in the 4th of July theme, dawn until dusk! The Red Samantha Dress is extremely versatile when it comes to your holiday weekend. Keep it long for a breezy maxi dress when the beach becomes chilly in the evening, or pull the drawstring to ankle length so your hem doesn’t become caught in the sand!
Let us know how you style your July 4th outfits! We hope you have the best holiday weekend. xo, SLNY.
June 26, 2017
“Samantha Leibowitz is for the bold, the independent, the adventurous, and the fashion innovators.” This quote defines us at SLNY, which is why it remains the very first sentence on our About Us page. Yes, SLNY loves to keep things classic; however, we love to add bold accents to make the whole outfit come together seamlessly. Take a look at how we keep our wardrobe bold with these Weekly Essentials.
1. Haley Shoulderless Mesh Top: Everyone needs a great, shoulderless top. There’s just something about the exposed shoulders that is so girly and feminine. Our Haley Shoulderless Mesh Top takes the classic exposed shoulders and adds a bold twist. The mesh detailing on the sleeves shifts the classic shoulderless top from girly to edgy. Paired with simple, white jeans this summer or with our Michelle Mesh Pant, you’ll be sure to turn heads.
2. The Matte Multiple in Siam: At SLNY, we love versatility. This matte multiple by Nars takes versatility to a whole new level by combining one color product for lips, face, and cheeks. Either swipe on the product to dry skin for a striking, bold effect, or blend with your fingers onto wet skin for a lighter, sheer outcome. Either way, the Matte Multiple gives you such a smooth finish with a glow that won’t go unnoticed.
3. Black Falabella Shaggy Deer Mini Tote: Just like the Haley Shoulderless Mesh Top builds off of a classic, this Stella Mccartney bag does the same. The handbag is definitely a classic, as the company names it a “Stella Essential”. However, the ruthenium diamond cut chain trim gives it a bold style that creates more than just a classic black tote. Worn with our Mesh top, the two become a dangerously bold pair.
4. Chanel: Fashion/ Fine Jewellery/ Perfume (Set of 3 Books): Need some summer reading ideas? These books not only look perfectly sophisticated and modern as décor on a shelf or coffee table, but they also contain the inspiration that we admire at SLNY. Imagine reading these Chanel books in your Haley Shoulderless Mesh Top as you sip on a steaming cup of coffee: what a bold combination.
5. Saint Laurent Classic 6 Sunglasses: You can’t finish your bold outfit without a pair of oversized, black sunglasses. These sunglasses match perfectly with the Haley Shoulderless Mesh Top, creating an edgy look for the daytime. The sleek, matte color gives a cool-girl feel to the ensemble that will stick with you even when you pocket the sunnies in the evening.
Enjoy your bold Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
June 24, 2017
As the month of June flies by, we’d like to reflect on some of Samantha’s favorite products of this first summer month! From refreshing dry shampoo to liquor infused ice cream, this month has been full of new trends. We can’t wait to see where July will take us! Check out Sam’s June favorites, and we hope your month has been full of love and adventure.
1. Favorite makeup product: Naked Smokey Eyeshadow Palette by Urban Decay
2. Favorite hair product: Dry shampoo by Ouai
3. Favorite home décor item: My Spectrum by Richard Phillips painting
4. Favorite casual item: Kate spade pillows
5. Favorite sweet-tooth craving: Tipsy Scoop ice cream
6. Favorite piece from collection III: The Michelle Mesh Pants
Have a favorite SLNY item this month of June? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to be featured on our social media pages! xo, SLNY.
June 21, 2017
There’s no denying it: summer is here. Although it’s been feeling like summer for weeks already (95 degrees in NYC?!), today marks the official start of the summer season. To celebrate at SLNY, we’d like to highlight one of our pieces that allows you to seamlessly shift your wardrobe from spring to summer.
In dazzling white, the Terry Two Piece inspires a fun, girly look perfect for a summer BBQ or breezy rooftop. The exposed gold zippers add dainty detailing to the back of the top. Paired with simple gold jewelry, you can’t go wrong; white and gold just seem to be the colors of summer.
As the summer heat becomes stifling, you’ll still be protected by the Terry Two Piece’s 100% UV protectant fabric. Don’t sweat it (literally), because the fabric is moisture wicking as well, meaning that any liquid will slide right off the fabric. You can kiss summer sweat stains goodbye as a result.
If you’re looking for a print this season, the same Terry Two Piece in white multi is the perfect print for the spring to summer transition. The floral pattern creates remnants of spring, while the optional sliver of skin between the top and skirt screams “summer heat” (but feel free to overlap the top and bottom for a more sophisticated look).
PS: Don’t forget about our Flash Summer Sale! Use the discount code FLASHSUMMERSALE21 for 21% off all items.
Make sure to buy your Terry Two Piece while supplies last! We hope you enjoy the start of summer. xo, SLNY.
June 19, 2017
At SLNY, comfort is key. So, this week’s essentials are highlighting just that: comfort, with an edgy twist. We make sure that all of our clothing is completely versatile and can be worn throughout the day (from dawn until dusk of course!). Feel free to check out what we’re loving on this comfy-casual Monday.
1. Erin Mesh Legging: Update your athleisure. The Erin Mesh Legging is a perfect piece to give off just the right amount of edge to an otherwise classic piece of clothing. Try a light workout like yoga or a barre class so you can wear these leggings all day long. Keep in mind, a silky top and a LuLu tank work equally as well with these leggings. Who says leggings can’t be worn all day (and all night!)?
2. Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist: After your light workout class, you’ve got to try spritzing a hydrating spray on your skin after you sweat. We especially love this face mist by Herbivore, because the hints of rose and hibiscus rejuvenate your skin and smell amazing- especially after a workout.
3. Common Projects Original Achilles Leather Sneaker: Wear these luxury sneakers all day long with your Erin Mesh Leggings. Whether you purchase them in blush or black leather, the rubber soles give you a light bounce perfect for exploring NYC this week (make sure to check out Sam’s City Guide first for Samantha’s ultimate favorite spots in Manhattan!).
4. Rag & Bone Floral Bandana: A twist on the classic western bandana, Rag & Bone creates a floral patterned neck scarf to give your outfit a subtle edge. Just as the Erin Mesh Legging is versatile, the floral bandana can be worn as a neck scarf or in your hair as a girly headband (perfect for keeping your hair out of your face after a workout!).
5. Free People Ruched Linen Bomber Jacket: Keeping with the blush theme this week, this bomber jacket pairs perfectly with the black Erin Mesh Leggings to bring some color to your Monday. Don’t worry, its lightweight and breathable fabric will keep you cool this summer. Plus, the ruched detailing on the back will give you outfit the slightly slouchy, casual feel that is perfect to make sure your outfit is comfortable, yet cool.
Enjoy your Weekly Essentials! xo, SLNY.
June 17, 2017
Calling all who are looking for a maxi moment: The Samantha Dress has been a timeless staple in each SLNY collection, and until June 20th, it’s on sale at a 30% discount! The adjustable drawstring allows you to customize the dress to fit your exact height and personal style, perfect for wearing the dress all day (and night!). Not sure how to customize your very own Samantha Dress? Here we have four ways you can style the dress, as well as potential occasions for each style. From daily errands to elegant dinners, you’ll be sure to get numerous questions about where you purchased your one-of-a-kind Samantha Dress.
Full length: Emphasis on the maxi in maxi dress. Let the drawstring tie loosely around your waist for a full-length effect. With strappy sandals, this look is perfect for summer errands during the day. Don’t worry, the fabric is 100% breathable and soft to the touch. No overheating in the Samantha Dress, no matter the length!
Ankle: Tug on the drawstring a bit so that the seam of the dress rises up to your desired portion of the ankle. This style is an elegant way to keep your outfit professional (if needed) or to simply give a subtle peek of skin. Wear the ankle style with wedges to a family event!
Above the knee: Let’s go way up. Pull that drawstring until the maxi transforms to a mini. The above the knee style gives you a fun, girly look that is perfect for drinks with friends. Throw on some gladiator or platform sandals and you’re golden for Sunday brunch as well.
Asymmetrical: Don’t be afraid to take risks with the Samantha Dress! This style shows a bit more skin than the ankle, creating a slit effect on the side of the dress. Pull only one side of the drawstring to lift the seam to your desired height. The flirty glimpse of leg is just the right amount of skin for a romantic date night; you’ll thank us later.
Show us how you customize your clothes! Email us your unique looks to be featured on SLNY social media email@example.com! Don’t forget to use the discount code: 4in1FUN30 for 30% off all colors of the Samantha Dress. xo, SLNY.
June 14, 2017
Since arriving in December of 2014, our designer, Samantha Leibowitz, has expertly explored her way through Manhattan. From daily spin classes to romantic date nights, she has tons of insight on a variety of New York activities. Read on to check out Sam’s favorite city spaces if you need some inspiration for your next trip into NYC!
Go-to brunch spot: Narcissa has amazing food choices and summery fun cocktails! Definitely order the secret garden: the cucumber and lemon mixed with gin is so refreshing. And you have to order the French toast bites for the table!
Touristy activity that never gets old: The Metropolitan Museum always has something new and fun to help you get inspired in life and in a work setting. Each of our designs comes from a unique inspiration; whether it’s art or architecture, there’s always something new that sparks the next big thing.
Favorite place to eat New York pizza: Gotham Pizza will always be my favorite plain slice however if you want a fun topping, check out Famous Amadeus Pizza in Hells Kitchen. Their vodka sauce baked ziti pizza is to DIE for.
Workout class preference: I would Spin everyday if I could! There’s just something about loud music and a dark room gets me pumped and motivated for a workout no matter what hour of the day.
Favorite NYC coffee shop: As much as I hate to admit I am forever a Starbucks girl because it is the same in every state! However, in NYC Bibble and Sip is so unique and fun! My Starbucks order is an iced green tea unsweetened with matcha in order to get my morning boost.
Best city memory: Definitely my first day at the factory when we launched the company. The excitement of seeing our first prototype and samples come through was life changing. I was so proud to see my hard work all come together from flat patterning to a final silhouette.
Favorite place to shop: I always love Nordstrom and Bloomingdales because you get to see a variety of specialty designers. Being able to see all of your favorite brands in one location makes a very easy shopping experience!
Best place to people watch: Anywhere in NYC! The park, Times Square, anywhere, because tourist and locals are always overlapping. Soho is a fun place to just sit on a stoop and see how people pass because everyone is artsy and unique.
Favorite restaurant for dinner/drinks: I love the boat house in central parks for their entrees and the look over the water. Their crab cake is made to perfection. However, Da Tommaso at 53rd and 8th is amazing Italian and endless amount of wine! Each sauce including their pesto, vodka, and white wine are all made with such a personal, delicious touch.
Best NYC date activity: Cooking date nights are always fun! A chef will host a night where people can register to have a table and cook their food with the chef! It is a great date night activity because you can do it with your significant other or even a first date because it makes you learn to be social and work together.
PS: wherever you decide to go explore, we always have your wardrobe covered! xo, SLNY
June 12, 2017
As the weather in New York shifts from chilly, overcast skies to a sweltering heat of 90+ degrees, our wardrobe inspiration for this week has taken a complete 180. As a result, these weekly essentials are all about keeping your clothing light and airy during these next few hot summer days. SLNY always has you covered, dawn until dusk, so take a look at what we’re loving this week.
1. White Colleen Romper : Ditch the sweaters (finally!) and throw on our white Colleen Romper the next time you head out into the heat. Its lightweight fabric keeps you cool and dry, and it falls perfectly straight on your body’s curves, which means you won’t have to uncomfortably peel the fabric off of you on a hot day. Plus, the crisp white color will bring a fresh, beachy feel to whatever you have planned on this beautiful Monday.
2. Glossier Invisible Shield Sunscreen : While we feel that it’s always important to keep your skin protected at all times, wearing sunscreen during the summer months is essential. Yes, this sunscreen is strong and will protect your skin against harmful sun damage and pollutants, but it’s also breathable and feels light on your skin, which matches this light and airy theme we have going on here. This sunscreen resembles the white Colleen Romper, which also is light and breathable, yet is made of 100% UV protectant fabric. What’s more, the Glossier Invisible Shield actually doubles as a base for your makeup, so no sticky residue (and no excuses!).
3. S’well Water Bottle : Sticking with the slight gold theme (make sure to check out the simple, gold detailing on the Colleen Romper zipper), a reusable water bottle is a must for on-the-go city dwellers. S’well perfectly combines functionality with beautiful aesthetics, which is exactly what we aim for at SLNY. This water bottle will keep drinks cold for 24 hours, perfect for an impromptu spin class at the end of the day.
4. Ray Ban Sunglasses : An oldie but a goodie. Sometimes, the classics are just too good to give up. Unleash your classic Ray Ban sunglasses to block the sun and accompany the timeless, white Colleen Romper in order for your wardrobe to scream, “effortlessly cool.”
5. Rebecca Minkoff Medium Julian Backpack : This hands free accessory is perfect for busy summer days. With multiple pockets and zippers to fit all of your weekly essentials, this backpack can handle all of your workday and weekend plans. Whether you purchase it in antique white, black leather, or a fun, bright color for the summer, this versatile accessory pairs perfectly with our Colleen Romper.
We hope you enjoy the first Weekly Essentials of the summer! xo, SLNY.
December 31, 2016
With 2017 just moments away, we couldn’t help but reflect on 2016. Having shown our first two collections in February and September during New York Fashion Week, we can’t wait to continue what we love doing best. Opening our showroom in the heart of NYC and just blocks away from The Garment District, we are proud to continue to be made in America. Samantha Leibowitz New York cannot wait to bring in the new year and this year couldn’t have been made possible without all of you! Thank you for all your love and support throughout this year and our company is so excited for what 2017 has in store.
We wanted to share with you are favorite New Year’s Eve! Oh, and don’t forget, the entire Collection II will be available to shop online January 1st.
Cheers to you and Happy New Year!Get the Look!
November 24, 2016
Happy Thanksgiving from the SLNY Team!
In honor of this special holiday, we've put together a cute and comfortable outfit to wear this evening. Whether you're getting together with a group of your close friends or a big family dinner, this look is perfect for any occasion. Pair our Sandra Fit and Flare dress with a cozy black sweater and suede booties. Add a great cross body bag and if the weather’s a bit chilly, throw on some black tights to keep warm throughout the night! This is the perfect time of year to spend with family and friends enjoying great food and appreciating the little things in life. So from our family to yours, happy Thanksgiving.Get the look!
November 3, 2016
After the success of Collection I, creative director, Samantha Leibowitz worked tirelessly to design a new line that was bold, modern, and classy with an edgy twist. In addition to the two new prints that perfectly reflect her creative designs, Samantha has also added mesh to certain pieces to really achieve that wow factor in this collection. After receiving amazing press reviews from our NYFW show, the SLNY team is working around the clock to perfect this collection that will be available for sale this upcoming winter.
One of our favorite new pieces that will be introduced in Collection II is our Erin Mesh Legging. Available in both black and our dawn print, this super soft and comfortable legging has a trendy mesh detailing down each side. Made to be worn either during the day or at night, this mesh pant has a simple classic design but with a fun side detailing that will take your outfit to the next level. Pair these leggings with our Haley Shoulder Less Top which is a loose fitting, long sleeve blouse that falls delicately off the elasticized shoulders with gorgeous mesh sleeves. This outfit is the perfect combo that is classic yet chic and will be available for purchase on January 1, 2017.
Finally we are so excited to introduce the Knox No Show Maxi Dress. This long, elegant dress complimented by mesh sleeves, the staple “no show” band, and a thigh-high gold zipper, allows you to show off as much you desire. This showstopper dress was a favorite on the runway during NYFW and will be available for purchase December 1, 2016. So Stay tuned for all things SLNY and until Collection II is available, check out our website and shop all your favorites from Collection I.
October 20, 2016
Fall is the perfect time of year to throw on a comfy sweater, jeans and a great pair of boots for anything that your day may bring. Whether your heading to class, running errands or just meeting a friend for coffee the best thing about this look is that it is casual, trendy and most importantly, comfortable. During autumn, a soft and lightweight sweater will fit your every need from those chilly mornings that have a tendency to turn into hot afternoons walking around the city. So pick up our Doris Trim Top, which is an absolute must have this fall season, and add your favorite pair of jeans, boots and throw all your necessities in a leather backpack, and you’re all set to take on the day!
Get the look!1. The SLNY Doris Trim Top2. The Erika Ray-Ban Sunglasses3. ALDO Black Tilzer Backpack4. Kate Spade Rose Dial Watch5. Jeffery Campbell Suede Boots6. Anthropologie Wanderlust Journal
October 12, 2016
Football season is officially in full swing, which means you’re already cheering on your favorite teams and enjoying some awesome tailgates. So when the weekend rolls around and it’s game day, get ready in style with a few tips and ideas from the SLNY team on how to have a fun tailgate and game day experience.
Waking up early can be half the battle on game day, so keep it simple. Pick out your favorite sweater and just add it with a chic pair of sneakers to keep you warm and comfortable throughout the day. If you’re a fashion-forward kind of girl, throw on an oversized scarf or a cute hat to match your teams colors and you’re ready to go!
Next, when considering what to bring, it is important to remember the new clear bag policy that all NFL teams have implemented. All large purses, backpacks and camera bags are now prohibited from entering NFL stadiums, but our stadium bag is the perfect clear bag that can be used at any arena instead of a gallon bag. This stylish cross-body bag is the perfect size that can store all your necessities and still hang comfortably across your body.
Finally, to get the full game day experience, tailgating is an absolute must. It is the perfect way to get into the spirit and hang out with your family and friends. After you find best spot, relax and enjoy the food, drinks, music until it’s game time. So kick off the season in style, and pick up the Stadium Purse today, which is the perfect accessory to cheer on your favorite team from the stands!
October 4, 2016
As we say goodbye to the sunny days of summer, we welcome one of the most vibrant seasons of the year, Fall! That means its time to swap out your sandals for booties and your sundress for something a bit warmer as we move into this new season. Our Sandra Fit and Flare dress is a wardrobe essential that is versatile and pairs perfectly with black booties, a tote bag and a gold statement necklace. So, fall into autumn with this perfect ensemble that features our Sandra Fit and Flare Dress.Get the Look!
The SLNY Sandra Dress: http://bit.ly/2cEr72Y
Michael Kors Tote: http://bit.ly/2dhdzs8
Kate Spade Necklace: http://bit.ly/1MVSWsV
Steve Madden Booties: http://bit.ly/2ddYve7
September 27, 2016
After coming off a high note from our successful NYFW show, Samantha Leibowitz New York took on STITCH trade show in New York City this past week. STITCH is a professional trade show event, where retail buyers can browse the floor and order the latest fashions and trends from designers and high-end retail brands. Retail buyers from around the country were able to meet with Samantha and her team and place orders from both collections. After the amazing press that was received from our Nolcha Show runway event, buyers from all over were extremely excited to get to see and pre-order their favorite pieces from Collection II.
The talk of the day was how Samantha has designed a collection that is creative, versatile and timeless. One of our favorite new pieces in this collection is the Genna Swing Skirt that is available in the Dusk print and as well as in red. With a banded waistline, this skirt is easily able to adjust to your body and will make a flowing statement with every spin you take. This skirt is the perfect length to wear in our Dusk print during the day for lunch date or be a bit more adventurous and wear it in red with a pair of heels for a show stopping look.
Check out our Red Holiday Collection, which will be available on our website on December 1st, while all of Collection II will go live on our website on January 1st. But until then, shop all your favorites from Collection I, which is available for sale on our website now. Stay turned for all things SLNY as we count down the days till Collection II is available for sale!
September 16, 2016
This past week, Samantha Leibowitz New York had the amazing opportunity to début part of Collection II on the runway for Nolcha Shows during NYFW. Nolcha Shows is a runway event held during New York Fashion Week for independent fashion designers. With an audience full of press, bloggers, celebrities and industry members, Samantha introduced two new prints and over twenty designs that made a statement, as the models strutted down the runway. With gorgeous silhouettes, intricate designs and bold prints, SLNY was the talk of the night for our ready-to-wear runway style.
Taking her creative thought process to the next level, Samantha
has designed a collection that combines an edgy style with an ever-elegant feel that will take your look from dawn until dusk. One of our favorite pieces that made its way down the runway was The Knox “No Show” Maxi dress. This eye-catching gown was a hit on the runway for its stunning bodice, mesh sleeves, thigh-high slit and an open back with our signature “no show band”. This dress is perfect for any formal occasion that will turn heads as you make an entrance.
The Samantha Dress also made an appearance during NYFW in
one of its new bold colors. America’s Next Top Model winner, Mamae Adjei, wore the Samantha Dress in red as she strutted this technical piece down the runway. Starting off as a maxi dress, Mamae was able to perfectly demonstrate how this dress can easily be worn different ways. As she walked down the runway she pulled the drawstrings to adjust the dress to a new length leaving the audience speechless.
This New York Fashion Week was a huge success and from the months of planning and perfecting Collection II, Samantha was extremely happy with the way it turned out. Incase you missed this fashionable runway event, watch it on our website at http://bit.ly/2cQIs57 and stay tuned for more updates about when Collection II will be available for purchase!
September 7, 2016
There is nothing quite better than starting your week off with a Sunday brunch here in New York City. With endless possibilities of new restaurants to try, brunch has always seemed to incorporate the best of both worlds. When trying to find that cute yet comfy outfit to wear, pair our Terry Two Piece with your favorite lace up heels, a simple statement necklace and a classic tote to tie your whole look together. So make plans with your friends this weekend to enjoy the last bit of warm weather as there has never been a more perfect day for brunch!
Shop the Look!
1.SLNY Terry Two Piece: http://bit.ly/2cdXpSz
2.Lace-up heels: http://bit.ly/2bV13Bk
3.Kate Spade Tote: http://bit.ly/2cysEEl
4.Globe Pendant Necklace: http://bit.ly/2cE7F76
September 2, 2016
As the last “unofficial” weekend of summer approaches, we hope that you are able to take a break from work and get outside to enjoy this beautiful three-day weekend. For many people Labor Day is the last chance to plan some fun outdoor festivities before the busy fall season takes off. This weekend break out your favorite all white outfit, soak up some sun and spend the day relaxing with family and friends! So let us share with you some tips and treats on how to have the perfect celebration this weekend.
Whether you are planning a carefree day of relaxing at the beach or a fun backyard BBQ by the pool, start the weekend off right with this amazing recipe for Red, White and Blue Champagne. Here is what you'll need:
1 bottle of Pinot Grigio
½ bottle of Champagne
2 cups of fresh blueberries
2 cups of fresh strawberries
4oz of strawberry vodka
4oz of blueberry vodka
This quick and easy sangria recipe is perfect for those hot days and will surely ease the pain of summer coming to an end. Start off by pouring the Pinot Grigio into a large pitcher. Then, mix in the strawberry and blueberry vodka. Once everything is stirred add in the fresh blueberries and strawberries and refrigerate to allow all the flavors to blend perfectly. Once you are ready to serve the sangria add in the champagne to really give it that bubbly summer feel!
Now that you have a signature drink to serve this weekend, the only thing left to do is put together an amazing outfit. Since it is Labor Day weekend, it only seems fitting to pick out a white ensemble while you still have the chance. Our Colleen Romper in white is our go-to for this relaxing holiday weekend. Not only is this Romper stylish but also it is moisture wicking, wrinkle resistant and UV protectant to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the day! So step away from the office this weekend and make it your job to have a carefree day while taking in a little bit of sunshine.
August 15, 2016
As every woman knows, a little black dress is a timeless piece that deserves a special place in her closet. From everyday things, like running an errand or grabbing drinks with the girls, a black dress is a definite staple item in our wardrobe. The world of fashion is dominated by the newest trends and the latest finds, but yet a little black dress is a classic piece that never goes out of style. Samantha has taken a twist on this iconic style and added her own innovative flare to create a dress that is adventurous yet sophisticated.
The idea behind the Little Black Samantha Dress began when Samantha was fourteen years old. She wanted to create a dress that was unique and different, yet still had that ever-elegant feel to it. As she began her creative thought process, Samantha focused her attention on wear-ability, comfort, and design to allow her Little Black Dress to be the one that every girl was constantly reaching for in her closet!
One of our favorite things about the Samantha Dress is how easily it can be worn. Just by purchasing this one dress, you are actually getting three different looks! This dress has a drawstring that comes up the side seam to adjust the length of it. It is a very technical piece, and whether you are six foot or five feet, this dress is easily able to adjust to your height. This timeless dress fits all body types and woman of all ages, making it a great investment for your wardrobe.
Another important aspect that Samantha kept in mind when designing this dress, was the idea of trying to create the perfect fit. It was important that women who purchase it feel completely comfortable while wearing their Little Black Samantha Dress. Designed to be worn from dawn until dusk, this piece is made with a soft fabric that won’t cling to your body, allowing you to remain cool and comfortable throughout the day.
The Samantha Dress is a trendy and versatile piece where the styling possibilities are truly limitless. It can be worn as an everyday dress with your sandals and a cute tote bag or transition it effortlessly into a nighttime look by adding a pair of heels and a classic clutch. The beauty of the Samantha Dress is that it will work for you no matter the weather or time of day. Just remember, the bigger the bow the higher the dress will go! Samantha has truly designed a one of a kind dress that is perfect for whatever awaits you during your day.
If you would like to get your hands on this everyday, go-to dress, shop it here at our website or check out the other available colors and prints it comes in!
August 8, 2016
As summer slowly winds down and the days of lounging around in the sun come to an end, it is time to begin the process of planning out our wardrobes for the upcoming fall season. If you are looking for a way to perfectly transform your closet from summer into fall, pick up one of our “no show band” products to really make a statement! All of our “no show” pieces perfectly conceal your undergarments to allow you to show off a little skin while still feeling comfortable throughout the day. It is the ultimate wardrobe essential for the modern day woman.
One of our favorite pieces in the latest collection is the Danielle Y Top in our white multi print. This lightweight top is extremely versatile and pairs perfectly with any leggings, jeans or leather pants. As any fashionista knows, all great outfits start with the basics, and this top has a great balance of trendy flare and simplistic style. As seen on the runway in fashion week, this top can truly be worn during any season… with the right styling of course! Wear it during the warmer weather with a great pair of shorts or swap the shorts out for a pair of black pants when the weather is a bit more on the chillier side.
Whether you are trying to make a fashion statement or just have a couple of transitional pieces in your closet, our “no show band” products are the perfect way to take your outfit to the next level. If you prefer a more classic style, try our Annie Scallop Top in black and white, which can easily be worn for a day in the office or a night on the town. You can purchase these wardrobe essentials, which are a must have for the fall season, on our website today!
August 2, 2016
It’s wedding season, which means it is time to celebrate! Once you’ve RSVP’d and shopped the registry, the only thing left to do is find the perfect outfit to wear to the wedding! Before attending a wedding there are a lot of things that have to be taken into consideration before picking out an outfit. Whether it is a formal affair or a casual beach ceremony it is important to know the style in order to create a gorgeous ensemble…. without upstaging the bride of course! So let us share with you a couple of tips on how to accessorize for a wedding!
With summer in full swing, it can sometimes be a challenge to find a
great dress that will keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night, which is why the Lauren High Low Dress is a must! This uniquely shaped dress is perfect for just about any summer wedding! With our signature “no show band” and a stunning cut, this dress will make a flowing statement as you dance all night! When accessorizing your dress, sometimes less is more especially in our bold Space print. This print is easy and fun but with the right accessories can easily be turned into an elegant ensemble! Not only is this dress stylish, but also can easily be matched to your date’s tie or bow tie! Purchase our Fred tie or the Kody bow tie to have your date be the perfect arm candy!
Shop the look!
- The Lauren High Low Dress: http://bit.ly/2aEN2VT
- Chandelier Earrings: http://bit.ly/2aAQkYK
- Black Cross Body Bag: http://bit.ly/2amsDXF
- Chic Black Sandals: http://bit.ly/2aAP4VN
July 27, 2016
Here at Samantha Leibowitz New York, we believe in giving back to the community in any form that we can. Growing up Samantha was always very involved in her community and knew that this was something she wanted to incorporate into her company. In the early stages of her business, Samantha had the opportunity to get involved with many different foundations that are trying to make a difference in today’s society and jumped at the chance to help these organizations work toward their goals. So please take a minute and meet the amazing organizations that we are proud to sponsor.
The Philadelphia Friendship Circle:
This organization connects teens and young adults to youth with special needs and their families through a full range of social offerings. Specifically, it provides a caring environment where children can enjoy the one-on-one company of a teenage volunteer. Samantha has been involved with the Philadelphia Friendship Circle since she was twelve years old, volunteering every Sunday to help out with the children. Now as a business owner, Samantha has decided to sponsor their runs that are held every year. To learn more about this organization, feel free to visit their website http://www.phillyfriendship.com.
Comedy Cures is a national non-profit organization that brings laughter to kids and adults living with any type of illness, depression or disabilities. Cancer survivor, Saranne and her daughter Lauriel, co-founded this organization to bring back joy to the body, mind and spirit of patients and families living with an illness. Comedy Cures has a special place in Samantha’s heart. Samantha was captivated by the cause and work of Comedy cures and as a result, decided to sponsor a comedy event this past spring. If you would like to know more about Comedy Cures, please visit their website at http://www.comedycures.org.
This behavioral healthcare organization strives to use medical advancements to connect with effective interventions in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Leibowitz Family has been involved with this foundation for many years, as Helaine Leibowitz is on the Devereux gala committee. After attending a fundraising event as a family, Samantha realized that she wanted to be more involved in this organization and now sponsors the golf and tennis outing. If you would like to learn more about Devereux or make a donation please visit their website at http://www.devereux.org/site/PageServer.
Located in Denver, Colorado, Book Trust is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to closing the literacy gap among children. Their goal is to enable children from low-income families to own books and develop a passion for reading and life-long learning. This foundation is something that Samantha chose to be involved with as her cousin, Amy Friedman is the CEO & President. She recently sponsored a Book Trust event and was extremely grateful to know that she was making a difference in many children’s lives. To learn more about Book Trust and how to get involved visit their website at http://www.booktrust.org.
Safe Horizon is an amazing non-profit victim service agency whose mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of abuse in New York City. This organization is the number one domestic violence foundation in the United States and has helped more than 250,000 adults, children and families affected by abuse in NYC. Samantha made the decision to be apart of Safe Horizon in 2016 because she truly believes in this foundation and their vision. To learn more about Safe Horizon, check out their website at http://www.safehorizon.org.
The goal of Peter’s Place is to provide a safe and supportive environment for grieving children and families. Located on the Mainline outside Philadelphia, Peter’s Place was the first family grief support agency in this area. Samantha became involved with this organization as she is from the Mainline. Samantha strongly supports their mission and how they help children and families move forward with their lives after a loss. Check out their website at, http://petersplaceonline.org to learn more about them and how they are making a difference.
Breakthrough is a human rights organization that strives to make social change in the world. They are working towards preventing violence against women by transforming the norms and cultures that have been enabling it. After attending an event that was being held in New York City, Samantha was inspired by the ideals behind Breakthrough. Immediately she knew that it was a great fit for her to be a part of. To learn more information and how to get involved with Breakthrough, visit their website at http://us.breakthrough.tv.
July 21, 2016
There is nothing better than a relaxing summertime getaway! Whether it’s a quick drive to the beach or a weeklong trip to the Caribbean, it is important to enjoy those summer days lounging around in the sun. Although vacations are relaxing, the weeks leading up to the trip can be very stressful, from last minute planning to packing your suitcase. When deciding what clothes, shoes and accessories to bring, you also have to consider the weather and activities that your trip entails. So skip the panic and let us help you achieve the perfectly packed bag.
One of the biggest hassles when traveling is trying to stay cool and comfortable during those hot summer days, which is why our Terry Two Piece in black and white is a packing essential! Not only is this stylish outfit wrinkle free and UV protectant, but it is also moisture wicking to help keep you cool and dry throughout the day. Wear the Terry Two piece in white for a perfect brunch date or throw on the black one for more of a dinner date!
Our other packing essential is The Samantha Dress, which is a versatile piece that is wrinkle free! Whether it's a rainy day or sunny and 75 degrees this dress can easily adjust to just about any length. Wear it as a maxi dress for a fun shopping day or make the bow bigger and wear it as a little black samantha dress during the night! This dress is perfect for any occasion and can truly be worn from dawn until dusk!
Deciding what clothes to bring on vacation can sometimes be difficult, but just by packing these three pieces you are already achieving multiple looks! Samantha Leibowitz New York not only provides stylish clothing for the modern day woman but also offers pieces that are moisture wicking, UV protectant and wrinkle free, saving you the hassle of ironing or steaming your clothes. So relax and enjoy your time spent by the pool or beach knowing that you packed the perfect suitcase!
July 15, 2016
This week Samantha had the opportunity to visit TexWorld USA at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. Held bi-annually, TexWorld provides the opportunity to meet with many different fabric vendors from around the globe. This event allows designers and buyers to get a glimpse into the trends and fabrics of the upcoming spring/summer season. With over 500 international exhibitors in attendance, this fabric trade show was surely one for the books!
Celebrating ten years of Texworld USA, Samantha and her team spent the day walking around Javits Center looking at inspiration for Collection III of SLNY. With a wide range of vendors from North America, Asia and the Middle East, Samantha looked at many fabrics to find the newest inspiration that would reflect art and architecture from all of the different countries represented at the show.
As a designer, Samantha is always on the look out of for new inspiration. Whether it’s a day spent in the showroom or walking the streets of New York City, creativity can spark at any moment! Attending TexWorld was a great way for Samantha to meet with the vendors in attendance and see the wide selection of fabrics as she begins the creative design process for Collection III.
July 11, 2016
Kick off the season in style! With fall right around the corner, it’s officially time to start getting ready for game day at your favorite team’s stadium. Football, an American fall-time tradition, is synonymous with tailgating, lively displays of team spirit and overall good times! So when game day rolls around, planning your outfit is all about being cute, casual and of course, comfortable. It is also
important to consider the recent league-wide change in bag policy, and our clear stadium purse is the perfect accessory to cheer on your favorite team from the stands!
Recently, all NFL teams have implemented this clear bag policy to provide a safe environment for the public. Now all large purses, backpacks, and camera bags are prohibited from entering NFL stadiums. But, our stadium bag is the perfect clear purse that can be used at any arena instead of a gallon bag! Not only can this bag be used in football stadiums, but also this stylish bag can be used for just about any occasion. It easily be worn for a casual day in the park or dress it up for the perfect girls night out!
So on those days where you don’t want to be so dressed up, but do not want to completely forgo your style, throw all of your things in our Stadium Purse, which can easily be paired with anything! Check out this clear cross-body bag on our website, http://bit.ly/29Hrne2 today!